WHY IS PARADISE AT THE FEET OF MOTHERS?My mother’s rights over me, my rights over her, and the extent of my independence
All praise is for GOD and peace and blessings
be upon the Prophets.
After GOD and his Messengers , the most
beloved and respected person to a PERSON should be his MOTHER! GOD has given the MOTHER such status that He says,
Paradise lies under the feet of mothers.”
Obedience and respect towards your MOTHER is a very important duty in RELIGION and is similar to serving Your GOD and keeping fast. To hurt your MOTHER in any way is the second biggest SIN and those who commit this evil sin will be harshly punished by GOD in the hereafter or maybe even in this world!
Your MOTHER is not a Prophet, nor is she an angel; she’s just a human like you and I, so why has GOD ordered you to be obedient towards your mother and why does your mother have such a high status in YOUR LIFE?
GOD loves and cares for us more than anybody else, and he especially loves those people who love and care for others. Similarly, he becomes
very angry with those people who hurt other people in any way. GOD the All-Knowing, knows that in this world nobody is more loving and caring towards another person than the way that a mother is towards her child. Only GOD and his Messengers love you more than your mother!
Only GOD knows what your mother does for you, He sees your mother feeling pain whilst she tries to give you whatever you want. He sees your mother’s love and kindness. Pleased by your mother’s actions, GOD has given her a very high status and many virtues and rewards.
GOD also sees that many of us are not thankful to our mothers. He sees many of us being
disobedient towards them. Therefore, GOD has
ordered us to be good towards our mothers; he
has not advised us but ordered us; we have no
choice; therefore we have to be good towards our mothers! To encourage us to do this, GOD has promised paradise for those of us who are obedient towards our mothers. At the same time, GOD has threatened to severely punish those of us who do not listen to our mothers or hurt them in any way.
But what does your Mother do for you? She only cooks and cleans! So why do you need to be thankful to your Mother?
Apart from GOD, nobody knows what our Mother really does for us.
TEN REASONS FOR BEING THANKFUL TO YOUR MOTHER:
1. YOUR MOTHER CARRIED YOU IN HER STOMACH FOR 9 MONTHS BEARING PAIN UPON PAIN!
2. DURING THIS TIME, SHE COULD NOT EAT BECAUSE OF YOU! SHE COULD NOT SLEEP BECAUSE OF YOU!
3. WHEN YOU WERE A BABY; SHE SPENT EVERY MINUTE OF HER LIFE LOOKING AFTER YOU!
4. SHE ONLY SLEPT WHEN YOU SLEPT! SHE ONLY ATE AFTER YOU HAD EATEN!
5. SHE WAS PATIENT AND LOVED YOU EVEN WHEN YOU CRIED ALL NIGHT, AND WHEN YOU CRIED ALL DAY!
6. SHE TAUGHT YOU HOW TO WALK, HOW TO SPEAK, HOW TO EAT, SHE TAUGHT YOU HOW TO LIVE!
7. WHEN YOU FALL ILL, SHE LOOKS AFTER YOU!
8. SHE ALWAYS COOKS AND PREPARES FOOD FOR YOU!
9. SHE BUYS YOU WHATEVER YOU ASK FOR!
10. SHE WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU, NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO!
These are just a few things that our Mothers do for us; they do so much more of which we do not know about. However, one thing that your Mother does for you, that nobody else in the world does, is that she worries about you from the bottom of her Heart.
SO WHAT IS IT SHE WORRIES ABOUT?
- SHE WORRIES ABOUT YOUR FOOD!
- SHE WORRIES ABOUT YOUR CLOTHES!
- SHE WORRIES ABOUT YOUR HEALTH!
- SHE WORRIES ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION!
- SHE WORRIES ABOUT YOUR FUTURE!
- SHE WORRIES ABOUT YOUR WHOLE LIFE
GOD has ordered us, in various places of the
Holy BOOK, to be good to our mothers. He has told us to look after them even more when they are old and weak. He has taught us to be gentle to our mothers and speak to them in a nice manner. He has also told us to supplicate to Him for our Mothers with this prayer,
RABBIR-HAMHUMA KAMA RABBAYANI SAGHEERAH.”
- (MY LORD HAVE MERCY UPON MY PARENTS; THE
WAY THEY HAD MERCY UPON ME WHEN I WAS
The Prophets has also ordered us to be good to our mothers. He has told us about the great rewards for that person who is good to his mother. He has described the mother as being a ‘door of paradise.’ He has also warned us of severe punishments for that person who is disobedient to his mother.
TEN EASY WAYS TO ENTER PARADISE
1. LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER
2. HELP YOUR MOTHER
3. SMILE AT YOUR MOTHER
4. BE THANKFUL TO YOUR MOTHER FOR WHATEVER SHE DOES FOR YOU
5. SPEND TIME WITH YOUR MOTHER
6. ALWAYS ASK YOUR MOTHER IF YOU CAN HELP HER WITH ANYTHING
7. BUY YOUR MOTHER GIFTS
8. BE GOOD TO YOUR MOTHER’S FAMILY AND FRIENDS
9. STUDY HARD AND LEAD A GOOD LIFE SO THAT YOUR MOTHER IS HAPPY
10. ALWAYS PRAY FOR YOUR MOTHER, ESPECIALLY AFTER EVERY PRAYER.
WARNING: THOSE WHO ARE DISOBEDIENT TO THEIR MOTHER WILL BURN IN THE FIRE OF HELL!
However hard we try, we can never repay our mothers for what they have done for us, but we can at least try, and also ask GOD to repay them for us. Our mothers are indeed a great blessing from GOD. We should appreciate and value this blessing as much as we can. Whilst our mothers are alive, we have a golden opportunity to guarantee ourselves paradise and also success in this world.