5 Reasons You’ll Probably Never Know Anything About M.I’s Love Life
M.I is one artiste you see with many women but owns none.
He has really done a good job keeping his love life out of the media.
And he incessantly sticks to his guns on not divulging about the matter.
“Anybody that asks me about my relationship status knows that I would never answer because I feel it should be private.”
Well here are five reasons he isn’t throwing in the white flag on that decision any time soon;
1. He can’t deal with side chicks. “Let’s say I have a girlfriend and I say that I am getting married, the ripple effect would be crazy.
For me to make that statement, I may have to inform potential side chicks that I am about to make a press statement and they should not be offended.”
2. He can’t deal with the parents. “I may have to call their parents to tell them that I am making such a statement.
The implications are far reaching and because of that I feel, if you want to have a real life, you have to protect your privacy no matter how much the media snoops around.”
3. He doesn’t want to offend people. “That being said, when I am ready, everyone would know. When you declare that you are getting married, it might offend someone somewhere.”
4. He may have become an overgrown baby. “As I grow older the emotions are the same but I have less ‘real time’ now. What do I do on an average day? I go to work and when I get back home, I play video games. If I am tired, I watch the television.
If I want to go out, my car would have been cleaned. If I have car troubles, all I do is to call my manager and he would get it fixed.
My life becomes less of a conduit for real experiences and I have to be aware of that. I don’t smoke or drink in the studio so whenever I hang out with friends, an experience from them might just hit me and I get inspired but that is rare.
What happens is that I have to pay attention wherever I go. I need to meet people and talk with them. I always try as much as I can to try and meet people and that is how I draw my inspiration.
When you are successful, it is hard to get inspired. You might have a song in mind but it would take time before the song materialises.”
5. He still can’t get over a dead ex-girlfriend. “When I was writing the song, ‘One Naira,’ there was a girl I was dating at the time. She is dead now. At that time, I remember that we used to ride on motorcycle to meet each other. It was normal then.
She could not come to my house neither could I go to hers, so we would meet at an eatery. When we get to the eatery, we couldn’t just sit without buying anything so we could buy one meat pie and share.
As an artiste, such moments remain in my heart and I can write about it. But now what can I do? Any girl that I meet now would drive to my house. I live alone in my house.
Things change and one has to be very careful so as to allow inspiration flow to you even when success comes.
When the lady died of leukaemia, I felt very terrible. We were great friends even though we broke up before her death. We dated for about a year and half.”