6 Things To Know Buhari’s Plan To Sack Top Civil Servants For Sabotaging 2016 Budget
Some top officials of the federal government are about to lose their jobs for allegedly attempting to inflate the 2016 budget by over N1.7trillion. To shed more light on this, GLTRENDS has put together 6 things to know about the saga.
1. The unnamed officials are said to have embarrassed the Presidency by smuggling into the budget proposals such items as vote for Aso Rock Clinic and some communication equipment.
2. Most of those affected belong to the “Budget Mafia” in the civil service, which has been uncovered by the presidency.
3. The Budget Mafia, sources said last night, decided to jack up the budget proposal by N1.7trillion after learning that the budget for this year would be in the region of N8trillion.
4. The presidency also discovered that the civil servants recommended N3 trillion for overhead alone.
5. It was also revealed that the top civil servants in the “Budget Mafia” almost scuttled the preparation of the budget because of the inclusion of many extraneous items.
6. Some of the 6,000 items in the 2016 Budget were said to have been smuggled into the proposals by the cartel.