REVEALED: See The Parts Of The 2016 Budget That Got Presidency Angry
The Presidency has handed down details of all the many distortion of the 2016 budget to the leadership of the National Assembly.
President Muhammadu Buhari made the details available to the National Assembly during a meeting he had with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo; Senate President Bukola Saraki, Speaker Yakubu Dogara, and some ministers in attendance.
At the meeting in Aso Rock, Mr President reviewed the budget and highlighted the distortions…
According to an inside source, the president was said to have noted that the removal of huge sums of money in the budget was a huge slap in the face to the change agenda of his administration.
Especially the changes made in infrastructure including the Calabar-Lagos Coastal Railway project and other major agricultural projects, which the national assembly is now denying they never saw.
In light of this, the presidency asked the leadership of the National assembly to take back the bill and rework it so as to reflect some key projects that were removed by the legislators.
Some of the projects in the budget that were removed by the National Assembly are:-
* N4 billion removed from Ministry of Health budget and added to Code of Conduct Tribunal
* Cost of 80 illegal roads without designs added to Works budget, 30 of them not Federal
* Money meant for Works, power transmission, diverted by lawmakers for tricycles, town halls, boreholes in their constituencies
* 73 illegal projects added to Education budget
* 50 percent of the funds intended for indigent students in the budget of the Education ministry was slashed and added to those of the lawmakers for their state constituencies.