Battery left charging overnight suddenly explodes as shop gets engulfed in flames in seconds(VIDEO) - GLtrends.com.ng

EXTRA

Battery left charging overnight suddenly explodes as shop gets engulfed in flames in seconds(VIDEO)

By  | 

This is the shocking moment a scooter battery is caught on fire after being left charging overnight at a delivery shop in east China.

CCTV footage shows a battery sparks fire suddenly while it is placed on a trolley and connected to a four-metre-long (13ft) cable.

Within a short 23 seconds, the battery exploded and set the nearby boxes on fire.

According to KanKan News, the fire took place at the back of a delivery shop in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province.

The battery first caught on fire at about 3:40am on April 13, video shows.

Soon it burst into flames and explodes on the trolley. About 20 boxes of goods caught on fire and started burning.

Huge plume of smokes can also be seen covering the security camera.

Luckily, the fire was put out in time and there were no reports of casualties.

Firefighters suggested scooter drivers not to overcharge the vehicle’s battery and not to use extended cables.

Scooter batteries are best to charge within eight hours, at a well-ventilated area.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.