Causes and Signs of Hormonal Imbalance You Can’t Ignore
We would like to raise an issue that is very important for women. It is about causes of hormonal imbalance. This is really serious and painful issue for many women regardless of age. If you face this problem, you are probably interested in such questions as: what are the causes of hormonal imbalance? How to understand that you have this problem? How to fight and prevent it? We will answer these questions to clear things up.
What are hormones?
What is a hormone? The scientific definition of this concept is rather complicated and it’s not clear to everyone. In simple terms, these are the active substances that are synthesized in our body and which are necessary for working capacity of all organs and systems. If there is a violation of the level of these substances in the body, we face a hormonal imbalance and it affects the nervous system and psychological state and as a result it leads to dysfunctions of other systems.
What is hormonal imbalance?
Hormonal imbalance is a dysfunction caused by pathology of endocrine and neuroregulation systems, in both women and men. All processes occurring in our body depend on hormonal status.
All hormones should be in a clear balance but if their level change, it leads to quite serious consequences. Imbalance of hormones in females has very serious consequences, and if it happens, it has to be addressed immediately.
If a woman faces such problem, it causes various diseases of the reproductive system, violation of immunity, menstrual disorders, uterine myoma, polycystic ovaries and so on. It is very important to carry out gynecological examinations because a number of diseases in this sphere is asymptomatic, without pain, bleeding and other clinical manifestations.
Causes of hormonal imbalance in female
Every woman has two important hormones in her body: estrogen and progesterone. In most cases, hormonal imbalance causes an elevated level of estrogen. What causes hormonal imbalance in women?
- Menopause. It’s the most common reason in women over 40. During this period a woman’s body passes over alteration: it stops producing ova that leads to intake of estrogen in the body.
- Puberty. It can be a problem of young girls going through puberty, when their reproductive performance is forming. Sometimes the balance of hormones in girls can return to normal only after pregnancy and childbirth.
- Pregnancy and childbirth. Pregnancy and childbirth, can also cause hormonal imbalance, but the hormonal balance returns to normal on its own, after a while.
- Consumption of hormonal preparations. This type of medicines is based on hormones that’s why their consumption can cause hormonal imbalance.
- Stressful situations. Frequently, a hormonal imbalance can be caused by stress and negative emotions. It happens because our central nervous system affects the endocrine system. Thus, the stronger our stress, the more it affects our balance of hormones.
- Malnutrition. The frequent cause of hormonal imbalance in girls and women is malnutrition. First and foremost, malnutrition is caused by diets which are rather popular. Our body doesn’t get useful components for hormonal production. It also can be caused by frequent eating of unhealthy food: greasy food, fast food, overeating etc.
- Overweight. Especially obesity, significantly reduces the production of hormones in our body, and it directly affects the hormonal balance.
- Gynecological problems and diseases. Hormonal imbalance can be caused by gynecological diseases when the body focuses its efforts on a fight against a disease but not on the functions aimed at producing hormones. Gynecology related surgeries and abortions can also lead to this problem.
- Other diseases. Catarrhal diseases, acute respiratory infections and others also can be the reason of hormonal imbalance. It’s medically proven that these diseases in childhood can significantly affect a hormonal balance in adulthood.
- Physical exercises. In this case, it’s about an intensive physical activity.
Signs of hormonal imbalance of female
The woman’s body reacts on hormonal imbalance differently. Sometimes seemingly usual symptoms can be the result of this problem. Let’s consider the most common of them:
- irregular menstrual cycle: missed period, its absence;
- menopause symptoms: fever, increased anxiety and the appearance of causeless fear, sharp pressure increase, decreased concentration, deterioration in the functioning of central nervous system etc.;
- weight gain;
- bad sleeping and chronic fatigue;
- hair loss;
- chronic malaise.
To prevent hormonal imbalance, you should regularly undergo medical tests, control your lifestyle, nutrition, exclude factors that can cause it. Keep in mind, if you noticed at least some of them, consult a doctor and take steps to avoid serious health problems. Ignoring the problem, you risk getting difficulties: B.reast cancer, obesity, hair loss, excess hair growth and so on. Take care of yourself and be safe!