Every Nigerian fashionista is fond of ankara blouses! They are timeless and can be perfect for any occasion. Some people like shopping for new blouses, while some prefer making them with their own hands, using some materials. If you fall into the second category, you should totally learn how to cut off shoulder ankara blouse!
Off shoulder ankara tops
Ankara blouses are one of the most popular fashion trends not only in Nigeria but across the entire African continent. They are compatible with everything, from casual jeans to elegant skirts. Ladies in Nigeria wear ankara tops for different occasions, both formal and informal ones. Some of them have the entire wardrobes of gorgeous patterned blouses. ankara blouse will always make every woman look like a queen.
The off-shoulder blouses are a special type of ankara blouses, which are really versatile and universal. They look amazing with jeans, trousers, and skirts. They are recognizable by revealing the woman’s shoulders, which is a sign of elegance and charm. Off-shoulder tops can be both with sleeves and without them. There are thousands of options, and you can always pick your own that will fit you best.
If you are not willing to take a risk of someone having the same blouse as you in their wardrobe, then you should probably make your own exclusive one, which will belong only to you. You can customize and decorate your blouse as you wish, and give it your own unique touch. In this guide, you will learn how to cut a blouse with open shoulders and become your own fashion designer.
How to cut off shoulder blouse
Cutting off-shoulder blouse could be a tedious process, but once you figure out how to do it, you will be able to create many more of such blouses with minimum effort. The off-shoulder blouse has an irresistible look to it, and everyone will appreciate your lovely shoulders and collar bones. So, if you are interested in looking like a real queen, you definitely have to try cutting your own off-shoulder top. Obviously, you will need to buy enough ankara fabric and use some basic sewing materials for it.
- The first step would be taking some important measurements. These would be for your bust round, hip round, and the place where you are planning on the frill to lie if you want to add it to your blouse.
- The following action will be cutting out two pieces out of your pattern. These two pieces are front bodice and back bodice.
- Afterwards, you should cut the piece for your frill. For cutting the frill, it is the best to use the fabric which is flowing. Remember that the measurements have to be applied to this part, and then you will need to multiply them by 2.5 or 3. This way, you will get the ideal length that would be just right for your frill.
- The next step on the way to creating your blouse would be joining these pieces together. For this, you will have to sew them. French seams are the recommended way of sewing because it will make the edges of your fabric clean and smooth. In the case you are unsure of the best way to do French seams, there are a plenty of good tutorials on the internet, so you should check out some of them. You can also use a sewing machine if you are the lucky owner of it.
- Join the strips all together and create the tube. Afterwards, you will have to fold the fabric’s top edge (by approximately one inch). Then, continue by stitching along this edge.
- The bottom edge has to be completed either manually, if you have gotten into the flow of things, or with the sewing machine. Proceed by inserting the elastic material. If you are done with all these steps, you should have your frill ready for use.
- When you are over with the frill, move on to the bodice part. Check out the measurements again, and then prepare both front and back bodice parts. To complete the blouse, you will need to sew them to each other. Do this from the outer side.
- The last step will be stitching your frill to the completed bodice with care. Congratulations, you have your gorgeous ankara blouse ready! In case you are dissatisfied with how it came out, you should not worry – you can always fix the rough places.