11-Year-Old Student Electrocuted After Stepping On Nakked Wire (Graphic Photo)
The death of an 11-year-old student of Government Secondary School, in Calabar, Cross River state, has left his family in pains due to the tragic circumstance that led to his demise. has been electrocuted.
The deceased identified as Isaac Sunday Okon, was electrocuted after being caught up by a Nakked electric wire at about 1:30pm on Friday during the closing period of the school, located along Atekong Drive, State Housing Estate, Calabar Municipality Local Government Area of Cross River State.
It was gathered that the deceased is the only son to his mother, Mrs. Happiness Sunday Okon who is a petty trader. Mrs. Okon also have 3 daughters, one is said to be a student of the school, but in Senior Secondary, SS 1.
It was said the incident happened when the Teachers asked them to pick up dirts littered around the school compound before going home as he mistakenly stepped on the wire and got electrocuted.
The remains of Isaac Okon has been deposited in the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital (UCTH) morgue, Calabar.