Top Nigerian Football Players Who Play Abroad And Their Clubs In 2018
There are numerous Nigerians abroad, in different spheres of life. Our citizens become famous as vocalists, artists, footballers, and so on. Let us look at the most gifted and promising Nigerian gamers abroad. What clubs do they represent in 2018? How many of them are players in the English Premier League?
Nigerian players abroad
How many Nigerian players are abroad? We can easily find all these details if we pay attention to the Nigerian National Football Team. Many professional footballers play for foreign teams and are also called up to play for their native Super Eagles squad.
The Super Eagles called up many famous Nigerians abroad to play for Nigeria in 2018 and have plans to call up many more in 2019. What is the list of Nigerian players abroad?
Nigerian players in English Premier League
EPL or English Premier League is one of the highest level of soccer. It has several football clubs that play games beginning in August and until May every year. This is an extremely popular system. Billions of football fans watch their favorite Premier League matches and cheer for their favorite team.
Since its creation back in 1992, 49 teams tried to win the main trophy. The most popular clubs that participate in the English Premier League are:
- Manchester United
- Blackburn Rovers
- Leicester City
Many other London, Liverpool and different England-based football clubs also compete in this system, and below you will find a list of Nigerian players in English Premier League along with their clubs in 2018:
- Victor Moses – Chelsea
- Leon Balogun – Brighton & Hove Albion
- Wilfred Ndidi – Leicester City
- Kelechi Iheanacho – Leicester City
- Peter Etebo – Stoke City
- Alex Iwobi – Arsenal
- Isaac Success – Watford
These Nigerians work abroad but they also play for their national team, and it is wonderful.
List of other Nigerian players abroad
Let us continue our selection of names of Nigerian players abroad who play for different African, Asian and European countries, including Portugal, Spain, Norway, South Africa, and China, etc.
These are some of the top names you should remember:
- Stephen Eze – Lokomotiv Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- Musa Mohammed – Gorica (Croatia)
- Tyronne Ebuehi – Benfica (Portugal)
- Daniel Akpeyi – Chippa United (South Africa)
- Orji Kalu – Mouloudia Oujda (Morocco)
- Shehu Abdullahi – Bursaspor (Turkey)
- Joel Obi – Chievo (Italy)
- Francis Uzoho – Elche (Spain)
- Chidozie Awaziem – Porto (Portugal)
- Kelechi Nwakali – Porto B (Portugal)
- Uche Agbo – Standard Liege (Belgium)
- Brian Idowu – Lokomotiv Moscow (Russia)
- John Obi Mikel – Tianjin TEDA (China)
- Mikel Agu – Vitoria de Setubal (Portugal)
- Kenneth Omeruo – Leganes (Spain)
- Ola Aina – Torino (Italy)
- Abdullahi Alhassan – Nacional (Portugal)
- Mohammed Usman – Sarpsborg 08 (Norway)
- William Troost-Ekong – Udinese (Italy)
- Raphael Ayagwa – Lillestrom (Norway)
- Chidiebere Nwakali – Rakow Czestochowa (Poland)
- Osas Okoro – Buildcon (Zambia)
- Simeon Nwankwo – Crotone (Italy)
- Blessing Eleke – Luzern (Switzerland)
- Emen Eduok – Kasimpasa (Turkey)
- Umar Sadiq – Rangers (Scotland)
- Gabriel Okechukwu – Wydad Casablanca (Morocco)
- Junior Ajayi – Al Ahly (Egypt)
- Anthony Okpotu – Difaa El Jadidi (Morocco)
- Olarenwaju Kayode – Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine)
- Anthony Nwakaeme – Trabzonspor (Turkey)
These are the most popular and talented Nigerian football players abroad who don’t forget about our national club and play both for the foreign squad and Nigerian Super Eagles team.
Share this post with your Friends on