I Will ‘End’ Joshua’s Career In Saudi Arabia – Ruiz Jr Boasts

Unified world heavyweight champion Andy says he wants to finish ’s career after confirming he will contest a rematch in Saudi Arabia.

United States-born Mexican Ruiz, 29, shocked Britain’s Joshua in New York in June to win the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO world titles.

They are set to meet again in the Middle East on December 7.

SEE ALSO:  Anthony Joshua Finally Gets His First Ever Nigerian Passport

“I took it to AJ in the Big Apple and I’m looking forward to ending his career in the desert,” said Ruiz.

Related Posts

Check Out Omotola Jalade Cute Selfie From Her Birthday…

Manchester City suspend contract talks with Iheanacho

SEE ALSO:  Mourinho Reveals Why Tottenham Lost 2-1 To Chelsea
1 of 48,909

The fight was announced by 29-year-old Joshua’s camp earlier in August, but Ruiz had not confirmed his participation.

But on Saturday he posted on social media: “I’m excited to announce my rematch with .

“In the first fight I made history and became the first ever Mexican/American heavyweight champion of the world.

“I am grateful to Saudi Arabia for inviting me.”

Human rights campaigners have questioned the choice of venue, citing Saudi Arabia’s human rights record, reports the BBC.

SEE ALSO:  Anthony Joshua Receives Hero’s Welcome In Sagamu

Amnesty International has said the move provides “opportunity for the Saudi authorities to try to ‘sportswash’ their severely tarnished image”.

 

Join GLtrends On Whatsapp For Updates & Daily Giveaway

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.