The drama between Nigerian singer D’banj and Twitter user, Seyitan Babatayo who alleged that the popular entertainer raped her in a hotel room two years ago, continues to linger as the alleged victim has now made a criminal complaint to the police.
Seyitan put out a public statement over her alleged rape and how she has been threatened by D’banj and his team since coming out with her statement.
In Seyitan public statement, she gave the timeline of events that have transpired since she came out publicly with the story of her rape.
She confirmed that D’banj used the police to intimidate and kidnap her for 48 hours without cause.
In the press statement, Seyitan said she filed the criminal complaint at the Gender Desk of Lagos Police Command Headquarters in Ikeja on 22 June.
She said the complaint was filed after she tried unsuccessfully to lodge same at the Bar Beach Police Station in Victoria Island on 6 June
Seyitan Babalola said the attempt was thwarted by a police officer.
She spoke about her ordeal on 16 June, when she was arrested by four police officers and detained in a cell for 48 hours, like a criminal at Harold Sodipo Police Station in Ikeja.
Seyitan Babalola was charged with no offence, upon her release, after signing a gag order by the police and D’banj team.
Since then, the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu has ordered an investigation into her case.
Similarly, the Lagos State Attorney-General also wrote the Commissioner of Police in Lagos to investigate the case.
Upon all that Seyitan Babalola said she has now gotten the services of a law firm in Abuja to handle her case. She also thanked those who rallied around her to support her during the period.
Read the letter, as seen on Twitter:
Alleged Rape : Dbanj's Accuser, Ms Seyitan Babalola releases Official Press Statement pic.twitter.com/gSI5gtVGlY
— Bronks & Montgomery (@bronksandmonts) June 23, 2020